Saturday, February 28, 2009

Studio News

I just wanted to let everyone know that starting March 1st I will begin charging a session fee. I have debated whether or not it was time for awhile now, but have decided that if I want my clients to take me serious as a photographer than I need to start taking myself serious. I want to thank all of my clients so far who have let me "practice" on them in exchange for not charging a sitting fee. I have learned a lot and have definitely made mistakes. By charging a session fee now, I am in no way saying "I have arrived!" or that "I know everything there is to know." Quit the opposite, I know I still have so much to learn but I am also realizing that my time is valuable.

I am going to start charging a $100 session/artist fee which covers the time I spend at your shoot and the time it takes me to process your pictures. I am also going to include a $50 print credit for you to use when ordering. I know to some, this may seem like a lot and to others not enough. Here is an article about why custom photography cost what it does. While I may not charge what some of these photographers charge, I do feel that I need to start charging more for my time.

So if you are one who would rather go to the mall and have your pictures taken there, please know that I am fine with that! You can get some great quality shots from them and yes, you can spend a whole lot less. I think, however, that my style is different from what you will get there and I hope you come away from your time with me having had fun and maybe even made a new friend of the family.

As a way to say thank you one more time, and to ease you into this new change, I am going to run a special for the next 2 weeks where I will cut your session fee in half if it is booked by March 14th. You do not have to hold your session by then, just have it booked. So if you have been thinking about having your pictures taken but have put it off, now is the time to book it! After March 14th, I will begin my new session fee of $100 with $50 print credit.

So for the next 2 weeks, you will only pay a $50 session fee and get a $25 print credit!

No comments: